Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Welcome to the, uhhum, hotel



Officially been admitted for about 24 hours at this point, and everything is going remarkably well. Admitting yesterday was a little overwhelming because of the lack of communication and expectations from our Drs., but was soon explained when our precious nurses saw how pathetic I reacted to the news of having to be on 24-hour monitoring, only being allowed out in a wheelchair, confined to my room, etc.... Needless to say I was much happier to find out the 24 hour monitoring was just for the first 24 hours (heart rate belts hooked up to get a general reading and understanding of how babies are doing - me being completely still) and that after that I still have to be in a wheelchair but I am allowed to go wherever I want, even outside, as long as I have someone I can bait to take me :). The HR belt monitor is down to 3 times a day for an hour each, an ultrasound a week, and general blood pricking throughout the week as well.

Dad visited for a few hours today and we went for a stroll to the atrium to get some fresh air. Mom is coming tomorrow with homemade spaghetti! Tomorrow I can also start sewing to fill my time. God is so good....all reports so far have been "the babies are perfect!" "the boys are healthy!" and that I am doing great as well, even though I am having small contractions throughout the day/night. Since the boys are now viable, our next goal is to get to 27 weeks, where they meet another plateau as far as growth, and then we shoot for 32. Everyone here is sweet, helpful, and great to talk with. Although not ideal, I am blessed with incredible care. God is in ultimate control - an incredibly humbling experience!

4 comments:

  1. Wheelchair? That's new information, right? I need to come see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie Bean,
    You are such a trooper! Enjoy your stay and let everyone wait on you. Everything is going to turn out great! I'll post pictures from the NY trip so that it'll be just like you were there. I'll be by to see you just as soon as I get back. Hang in there, and we love you!!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess,
    I am so proud of your positive attitude! I want to come bring you dinner sometime soon! Praying for you daily!
    Amy Webster

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read the words "monitoring belts" I cringed! I had to wear those belts too, for two weeks straight!!! They left a nasty rash on me. Be thankful you get a break from them every once and a while. So glad to hear you and the boys are doing well!!! Love you all! Cara

    ReplyDelete